Insurance Information 2017/2018
May 31, 2017
Voluntary Sickness plan for full time and Accident/Sickness plan for part time students is available with enrollment via Aetna website www.aetnastudenthealth.com. Below is a snapshot of Aetna's Voluntary 17/18 Student Health Insurance Plan highlights:
- Physical ID cards for the sickness plan have been discontinued for 17/18. Members can print an ID online or save a copy to their mobile phone. Instructions on getting an ID card will be available both at the time of enrollment as well as online through Aetna's web portal under "Print Your ID".
- Annual open enrollment for the voluntary sickness plan will be 7/15/17-9/30/17.
- Spring open enrollment will be 12/15/17-1/31/18.
- Office visit copay $40
- RX copay $5/$60
- Maximum out of pocket $7,150
- Coinsurance 50%
- Deductible of $500
- Additional plan information is available to students on the Aetna website.
- 2017-2018 Voluntary Premium Rates, payable directly to Aetna upon enrollment:
- Annual Rate, effective 08/01/17 - 07/31/18:
- FT Student Medical Plan (sickness only) – $3,396
- PT Student Medical Plan (sickness + accident) – $3,464
- Spring Term Rate, effective 01/01/18 – 07/31/18:
- FT Student Medical Plan (sickness only) – $1,972
- PT Student Medical Plan (sickness + accident) – $2,011.50
Insurance Information 2016/2017
June 1, 2017
Letters and email notices sent to all full-time and part-time student participants currently enrolled in the optional Aetna Student Health Plan advising of the July 31st end date of the policy and alternative coverage options. Sample of notice available here.
January 13, 2017
Letters and email notices sent to all full-time student participants currently enrolled in the optional Aetna Student Health Plan advising of the July 31st end date of the policy and alternative coverage options. Sample of notice available here.
October 20, 2016
As per Board of Regents for Higher Education Pages 96-98 Minutes – October 20, 2016 Meeting, Effective beginning Academic Year 2017-18:
The CSU Board of Regents Amend Board Resolutions 12-094 and 03-15 to no longer mandate sickness insurance programs and related automatic billings at the CSUs for full-time and certain matriculated part-time students, without impacting existing accident insurance board policy. This eliminates the CSU-provided plan, and instead allows the system to provide information and guidance for students to obtain coverage through other means.
"In summary, although we have offered heath care coverage to our CSU students, there are now alternative avenues to access available to our students which can help reduce the costs for those who need coverage, and prevent charging students with coverage who fail to optout. The CSUs propose as an alternative to actively inform our students of their other coverage options, and to partner with Access Health CT, and the Office of the Health Care Advocate to improve the health insurance literacy of our students. Further, those students who are currently covered under the CSU s' procured policy will be advised via letter of the change being made, and also provided with information to help them choose a more favorable plan."
This page will be updated as more information becomes available.