The Card Office produces the CCSU ID card, known as the Blue Chip Card, for students, faculty, and staff. The Card Office also manages the debit account functions of the card. In addition, the Card Office oversees access privileges the card provides to buildings, rooms, and garages, as well as the services and the purchase and payment options available through use of the card. They include: library and computer lab services, parking passes, laundry, copiers, laser printing, vending machines, on and off-campus restaurants and merchants, Bursar and department payments, and more.
The Card Office is open weekdays to meet essential needs of the campus population, and is conveniently located in the Student Center next to the bookstore.
Beginning Fall 2017, all undergraduate students may obtain a CT Bus Pass to ride CTtransit
Buses and CTfastrak in Connecticut. For more information, please click here. Also, be sure to review the FAQ document.
One of the first things every new student, faculty, and staff member must do when they arrive on campus is get their CCSU identification card, known as the Blue Chip Card. The card is a necessary and valuable in many ways. THE BLUE CHIP CARD IS EVERYONE'S EVERYTHING CARD AT CCSU! Use your card to:
- Enter parking garages, residence halls, buildings, classrooms, and offices.
- Utilize Library and Computer Lab resources
- Obtain parking passes (available in Card Office and CCSU Police Department)
- Use your Meal Plan.
- If your debit account is activated, access your funds for services, purchases and
Everyone with a Blue Chip Card has a debit account automatically set up. For those who opt to use the Blue Chip Account, it works like a bank debit account. If you deposit money into the account, it allows you to spend using your Blue Chip Card, but does not allow cash withdrawals. Balances on your Blue Chip Account transfer automatically from semester to semester. Use your account to:
- Purchase meals anywhere on campus.
- Purchase meals, goods, and services from a variety of off campus merchants.
- Pay for photocopies.
- Pay for computer printing.
- Make purchases at the bookstore.
- Make purchases from campus vending machines.
- Deposit Financial Aid.
- Make payments to the Bursar's Office and other CCSU departments
Online Card Office
24 hour service options for the Blue Chip Card are available by signing in at bluechip.ccsu.edu. From there you can check your transaction history, account balances for Blue Chip
and Meal Plans, request vending refunds for any campus automated devices, and place
a card on hold status or report it stolen.
Requesting Your Card
Depending if you are a student or employee, either Admissions or Human Resources will provide you with required paperwork.
Bring it to the Card Office where they will take your photo and create a card within minutes.
The Card Office takes ID photos, BUT if you are a first time student and never had
a Blue Chip Card before, you can use your own photo. Go to PhotoID.ccsu.edu, log on with your BlueNet ID and password, and follow the directions to upload a
photo of your choice.
Deposits and Payments Options:
- in-person at Card Value Centers (CVC's) throughout campus or at Bursar's Office in Davidson Hall;
- online from www.ccsu.edu to CentralPipeline to WebCentral-Banner
- online from Bursar's Office
- Click here for details on accessing all options.
Contact & Hours of Operation
Hours may vary during school breaks and semester beginnings.
- Monday - Wednesday, Friday 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Thursday 8 a.m. - 7 p.m.
Report Lost/Stolen cards immediately to CCSU Police Department at 860-832-2375 or
For a complete list of purchasing locations and off-campus merchants, click here.