The Blue Chip Card is not just an ID, it is a campus everything card!
One of the first things every new student, faculty, and staff member must do when they arrive on campus is get their university identification card, otherwise known as the Blue Chip Card. The Blue Chip Card is a necessary and important part of the CCSU campus experience. There is a Blue Chip debit account automatically associated with the Blue Chip ID card.
A Blue Chip debit account
Everyone with a Blue Chip Card has a Blue Chip debit account automatically set up; it is your choice whether or not to take advantage of the account. The account works like a regular bank debit account. You deposit money into the account prior to spending it. Every time you use your Blue Chip Card to make a purchase on campus or at participating off campus locations, the card reader will record your transaction, subtract the funds from your account, and instantly display the remaining balance. If you do not have funds available, you will not be able to make purchases. Money in your Blue Chip debit account transfers from semester to semester. Use your account to :
- Access various campus locations, such as parking garages, residence halls, classrooms, and offices
- Purchase meals anywhere on campus (and receive a 20% discount at certain locations on campus)
- Purchase meals, goods, and services from a variety of off campus merchants
- Borrow resources from the Elihu Burritt Library
- Pay for photocopies
- Pay for computer printing
- Make purchases at the Bookstore in the Student Center
- Make purchases from campus snack and soda machines
- Make payments to the Bursar's Office and other CCSU departments