Alpha Lambda Delta
Welcome to the web page of CCSU's chapter of Alpha Lambda Delta!
What is Alpha Lambda Delta?
Alpha Lambda Delta is an honor society for students in their first year at an institution of higher education. We're a national organization that's been in existence since 1924. (For a brief history of the Society, click here) We recognize those students who have succeeded in maintaining a 3.5 or higher GPA, or are in the top 20% of their class, in their first year. Alpha Lambda Delta's mission is to "encourage superior academic achievement... to promote intelligent living and a continued high standard of learning, and to assist students in recognizing and developing meaningful goals for their unique roles in society."
What do I get by joining Alpha Lambda Delta?
- Participate in local and National service and social activities - do your part to help the community and your campus
- Participate in a national leadership conference with members of Alpha Lambda Delta from across the country
- Compete for $55,000 in undergraduate scholarships at the National Level
- Compete for almost $90,000 in Alpha Lambda Delta Graduate Fellowships
- Wear Alpha Lambda Delta Senior Honor Cords at your graduation exercises
- Receive the recognition that comes from membership in a national society with over 80 years of tradition!
- Participate in community service activities and other events at your local chapter
CCSU's chapter was installed in 2003. In addition to meeting regularly, the chapter developed and maintained a tutoring services in conjunction with the Learning Center. After 2004, the organization was dormant until fall of 2007. The group was reactivated for 2007-2008 and is being reactivated again in fall 2011.
Our Current Executive Board and Committees
Tricia Kowalski, President (email@example.com)
Aleksandra Jusinska, Vice President
For more information regarding joining Alpha Lambda Delta, please contact
Ramon Hernandez, Assistant Dean, Student Affairs, 2-1619
Christopher Pudlinski, Faculty Director, FYE, 2-2701, firstname.lastname@example.org
Elizabeth Hicks, Associate Director, CACE, 2-1615
Meg Levvis, Associate Professor, Nursing, 2-0184